Popular Posts

Friday, April 24, 2015

Once More Into the Breach...

When you are young person with an artistic bent, you are told that you will one day achieve your dreams.  You will rise, like the cream you are, to the top.  Often times though, you find out that life and other issues rise to the top and, unless you are tenacious, You discover that you have been Willy Loman-ed. 

This is how I have felt for many years.  I had thoughts of being an actor, writer, filmmaker, but ,aside from a few pieces here and there that I have published and a strictly non-professional acting career, I haven't done much with gifts that I know I possess.  In fact, at times, I am afraid I have squandered more than a little bit of this ability.  I know I have gifts,  but I have yet to do anything substantial with them.  My stabs at blogging about film and trashy novels have stalled multiple times and this is mainly because I am convinced that the last thing the world needs is another blog about bad movies scribbled by a forty-something dude who really, really loves Buckaroo Banzai and Jack Burton.  The internet has moved past that and what more is there to say about any of that any way. 

Ultimately, this is the place where I will work on my issues with writing, performing , and life itself.  It will be angry.  It will be naked.  It will be truthful,  I have no desire to traffick in artifice any longer in my life. 


They say to sell yourself in today's marketplace you must use branding.  Your name must be identifiable. 

My brand is honesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment